Saturday.

Thursday, July 24, 2014

  




Saturday Rory and I had plans to go to Sequoia National Park to do some hiking. Sadly, that got cancelled because Rory has been incredibly busy with work lately and he needed to stay in cell phone service in case he received any phone calls. Rory works for an Organic Produce company and they're incredibly busy this time of year. I really love how much he loves his job. The people he works with are pretty great, too. Anyways, I digress. 

Long story short, Rory and I ended up deciding we would spend the day in a city about an hour in a half away from us. When I got to Rory's house he told me he had come up with something fun for us to do while we're there, but he wasn't going to tell me what it was. That man knows that I love surprises, and he gets a kick out of me constantly questioning what we're doing.  About halfway there he gave me a hint and handed over some protective glasses. " uhh...are we shooting something"? Rory then pulled out these hot pick ear muff's. Okay, I'm pretty sure they're not called ear muffs, but I have no idea what else to call them, so we'll just go with ear muff's. At this point I knew we were going to be shooting guns and I was exciting, but honestly a bit nervous. I've never been a huge fan of guns, because they sort-of terrify me.  I was totally up for the experience, though, because I like doing things that put me out of my comfort zone--this girl stays in her little bubble way too often. The whole way there Rory was going over the 4 rules of gun safety, and you better believe I had those memorized by the time we got there. Rory cracks me up, because that brain of his is full of all sorts of information and I have no idea where it comes from.  He probably learned those rules when he was like a 10 and can still remember them to this day.  I would appreciate a brain like his; it's like a sponge that soaks up everything effortlessly. Darn you, Rory. 

The place Rory and I went to was an indoor shooting range. The people were incredibly helpful and nice, and made the experience even better just because of how friendly they were. They didn't look at me like I was some silly girl trying to shoot a gun. The first shot was nerve wracking and I swear my hands were sweating profusely as I was loading the bullets into the gun. I was totally terrified that I was going to accidentally hit the trigger as I was preparing the gun.  Once I got the hang of it (I'm going to toot my own horn here for a second)...I kicked butt! I hit the center of the target that we had 9 times out of 10. I was honestly really shocked at how good I was at it. I'll definitely be going back sometime in the future to give it a go again. 



After we were done at the shooting range, we were completely starved and decided to get some In N Out. I apologize for those who don't have one where they live, because you're missing out on the best burger and fries out there. I got mine protein and animal style, and of course splurged on some of their delicious fries. I'm bummed they fry their stuff in vegetable oils, but I guess I can't be too picky. It's a nice treat every once in awhile.



Have a great week, my friends! 



3 comments :

  1. I was the same the first time I went shooting! So nervous! My husband is an avid gun guy so I've been many times since we were dating, and it gets more fun as you get more comfortable with the gun. And JEALOUS of In N Out. I'm like 5 hours from the closest one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You crack me up! I've heard that women traditionally have better aim than men because we are more methodical and slow with our aim. It's pretty awesome when you get going though, right? Time to start loading up the arsenal! :)

    You know I'm jealous of some In N Out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband and I went on a road trip in March, we went to the Grand Canyon and then were supposed to head to Sequoia National Park for the rest of the week but had to cancel and head home due to getting a stomach bug. The one thing on our list we didn't get to accomplish due to that was not getting to try In N Out haha. I've never been to a shooting range. I've been shooting with my husband in the country before, but never a range!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger