Lovely things

Monday, July 14, 2014








1. Milani lipstick in Flamingo Pose:  This has hands down turned into my favorite lipstick this summer. This lipstick has beat any NARS or MAC lipstick that I own. The staying power is ridiculously long and the color pay off is incredible. I promise you I wear this every single day; it's very bold, but totally wearable, which is why I like it. 

2. Coconut Oil: I use coconut oil every single day without fail. I use it when I cook pretty much anything that requires oil. Not only that but coconut oil makes an amazing hair mask, moisturizer for your face and/or body, and I also use it to make my own deodorant. 

3. Witch Hazel: I use Witch Hazel and Tea Tree oil as a toner on my face and I love it! Witch Hazel has amazing benefits that helps your skin. I've also heard that it can be used to help reduce the appearance of varicose veins (which I'm going to try, because unfortunately I'm starting to see veins in my legs. Boo!). 

4. Baking Soda: It might seem really odd to you that I included baking soda in the list of things I can't live without, but it really is an essential part of my day because it keeps me from smelling :) I use baking soda, coconut oil, and some essential oils as my deodorant; it works wonders! Another thing I've used baking soda for recently is removing stains from the carpet. I'll pour vinegar onto the stain and sprinkle a generous amount of baking soda over it; it'll soak up anything that you spill, animal accidents, etc..and it takes the smell out of the carpet as well. It's a miracle worker, really. 

5. Tea tree oil: As stated earlier, I use this and Witch Hazel as my toner every day. I love this stuff!

6. Not Your Mothers Dry Shampoo:  I tend to only wash my hair once every 5 or 6 days. I'm serious. Washing your hair too often is really bad for your hair, and it sometimes will actually cause your hair to get greasier faster. With that said, I only wash my hair when absolutely necessary, which tends to be about every 5 or 6 days. This helps me go longer without washing my hair--I love this stuff! 

7. Elf Blush and Bronzer Duo: I used to buy the blush/brozer duo from NARS, which is like $50. This is pretty much the exact same thing for $3. Needless to say, I quit buying the one from NARS. 




3 comments :

  1. I've slowly been getting on the coconut oil train the last few months...but yeah! It's really great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes to coconut oil! I use it for everything. And I love tea tree oil and baking soda too. I mix baking soda into my shampoo once a week as a clarifying treatment and it it really gives volume.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to try coconut oil while cooking but was worried it would throw off the taste. And you are the second blog I've read today to recommend the Milani's lipsticks so I will definitely be checking that out!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger