Grain-free Peach Cobbler

Monday, July 28, 2014



This recipe is inspired by Primally Inspired Berry cobbler recipe. 


There are times when I get a burning desire to cook something comforting. I've dramatically changed the way I eat, and so I'm having to look for recipes that please my taste buds, but is filled with ingredients that will make my body feel good, not bloated and gross after I eat it. With that said, I had tons of peaches sitting on my counter, waiting to be devoured. Naturally I decided on Peach Cobbler, because, well, it's all I could think of to make and it's delicious



 Peach Cobbler 
Grain-Free, Gluten-Free, Nut-Free, Soy-Free, vegan



 6 ripe Peaches, peeled and cut ( remember these are on the dirty dozen list, so make sure and get organic!)
 Juice from half a lemon
4 eggs
 1/4 cup of Coconut Palm Sugar + a little to sprinkle on top
2 tsp vanilla ( I just splash a little in there--no need to be picky!)
 1/4 cup pure, organic Honey 
 1/2 cup Coconut flour
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup coconut oil ( you can use grass-fed butter if you'd like)
1 tsp Baking Soda 
1/4 tsp of Cinnamon
 Pinch of Salt



Preheat oven to 375 degrees. First, cut up your precious peaches and place them in a bowl and add your coconut sugar. Pour into a medium-sized saucepan and add juice of half a lemon. Let this simmer until the peaches reduce and make a lot of juice ( mine was on med-high heat). 



In the mean time, mix together eggs, coconut oil, vanilla, honey and coconut milk.  Once that's all combined, you can go ahead and add the coconut flour, baking soda, cinnamon and pinch of salt. This will be the batter we're going to spread ontop of the
peaches!

 Next, pour the peaches that have been simmering on the stove in a glass baking dish, then spread your batter evenly over the top of the peaches. Sprinkle some coconut sugar ontop, and pop it in the oven for 35 minutes or until the top is completely golden brown, and the middle doesn't give when touched.





Isn't it lovely?



You can't forget the best part, though: Coconut Whipped Cream



Coconut Whipped Cream 

1 can of full fat coconut milk
a drizzle of honey
splash of vanilla

Put coconut milk in the fridge overnight or for as long as you can. Most cans of coconut milk will separate the coconut fat and the water, so you can scrape out all the solids from the top; however, mine didn't do that.--mine didn't separate at all, but it was thick. I just whipped mine in an electric mixture (takes some elbow grease) until I felt like it had the right consistency. You can play around with how much honey and vanilla you want in it. Maple syrup would work, too! All I can say is that it was delicious and didn't make me miss "real" whipped cream at all.

Tip: It's a good idea to put it in the freezer for a little bit before you serve; it helps keep it more solid.







3 comments :

  1. I love my moms peach cobbler and this just made me carve it! I love how you photographed the food with the chalkboard, too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my heavens... this recipe sounds incredddddible! I have got to try this ASAP!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger