You are Loved

Friday, June 27, 2014



 Tonight is the last of VBS. I'm totally pooped, but it's been worth it. See all those little girls in the picture above? They're making memories. Precious memories. We've had such a good time this week. Yesterday we shared the gospel with the kids in our classroom, and for whatever reason, the kids payed more attention to that than they did any game we've ever played. We talked about the creation of the world, the fall of man, Jesus' death on the cross for our sin and the Resurrection. Rory and I had planned a game to play afterwards for the last class ( the older kids), but we didn't make it to games. The kids were asking so many questions. 



"But how did sin come to be?"

"What does the bread mean when we take communion?" 

" How come God just doesn't take sin away?" 

" Where did the devil come from"?





I was flabbergasted by how interested they were, and how intently they listened to Rory as he explained it all to them with the biggest smile on his face.  My heart was completely overflowing. We ended up having to tell them it was time to go, because they would have kept asking questions all night. 

I kept finding myself wondering where these kids would be in 10 years, praying that they remember all of this and continue having a desire for God and His word. The world is a tough place to be in, and I want more than anything for them to realize how much Jesus loves them. I want them to turn to Him when they're hurt, and to know that Jesus is the ultimate comforter. When something doesn't go the way they plan it to go, I want them to trust that god will take care of them and that He has a plan that is greater than theirs. 

Needless to say, this week has been a huge encouragement to me. The lack of sleep and complete exhaustion has been more than worth it.  It's also pretty great that I get to do all of this with Rory; it's really special to be able to be by his side while we're teaching little ones about Jesus. I'm feeling really blessed. 

I hope you all have a great weekend!

1 comment :

  1. They look like sweethearts! How wonderful that you got to shepherd their hearts for this week =) It's amazing how they're just bubbling over with questions at that age, isn't it?! (I'm a teacher... so I know a little bit how that goes... and the exhaustion bit too. Praying you have a couple of restful recoup days!)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger